26 Jun Latam Weeks Switzerland
As every year, the Latam Weeks, organized by S-GE and different partner organizations, included a series of activities, e.g. conferences, presentations and meetings, with the aim to communicate and enhance business and investment opportunities in Latin America.
Again in 2015, an impecable and intensive program made it possible to position the Latin American markets in Switzerland, meeting interested companies, as well as CCHSC’s Swiss Associates and partners. At the same time, the program allowed knowing what Swiss firms search for in Latam today and getting more familiar with the institutional framework and Swiss trade promotion tools. It included the following instances:
- General Assembly of SwissCham on Monday, May 18: SwissCham is in the middle of a strategic institutional change, which will be lead by Ms. Susan Horvath as new president. Ms. Horvath and her team have committed to present a strategic plan for SwissCham until October, 2015, to be approved by the participating bi-national chambers.
- Training workshop at S-GE on Tuesday, May 19: It allowed knowing the existing instruments of S-GE better, e.g. supports for marketing measures, as well as sharing best practices among the different chambers of commerce
- Visit to +GF+ in Schaffhausen in the afternoon, together with the representatives of the Embassies of Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay, meeting GF’s management team and knowing their strategy and vision for Latin America from the source.
- LatAm Day – The Bridge to Latin America, Wednesday, May 20: This event, organized by S-GE and LatCam, with the assistance of 150 participants, showed current trends, opportunities, experiences and best practices to firms interested in the region. A standing lunch was included at the end, so people could make consultations and get in contact.
- In the evening, the Swiss Chambers from Latam offered a networking cocktail to their Swiss Associates, as well as other business contacts at Grand Hotel Dolder.
- Country Consulting Days, from Wednesday, May 20 to Thursday, May 28, where around 30 Swiss firms of all sectors and sizes could meet S-GE and the different chambers for a first interview and direct inputs and orientations on the market. Among these meetings, there was also a Country Consulting Day in Lausanne, on Tuesday May 26.
- First Meeting of ICES (Chilean Researchers working in Switzerland), on Saturday, May 23 at ETH Zurich, in presence of the rector, Ms Sara Springman, and with more than 60 participants from all areas of science. www.ices-net.ch
- Business Roundtable with the Chilean Foreign Investment Committee, the Chilean Embassy in Switzerland and representative Swiss firms working already in the region, on Wednesday, May 27.
- Chilean Seminar on Mining, Innovation and Industrial Property, presented at WIPO in Geneva on Thursday, May 28.
In short, a very interesting and in-depth experience, which has facilitated a lot of important contacts with the CCHSC’s counterparts, Swiss Associates, new firms which evaluate coming to South America and other interesting contacts working in our countries. Thank you all!
Also, we would like to congratulate S-GE and its partners, also Ladina Baniclès, as well as all other organizations involved in the Latam Weeks for the excellent organization and collaboration.
CCHSC will be very pleased to be at your disposal for any consultation or assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org